Friday, June 6, 2008

No Sweat!

We are now happily in North Little Rock! Last night Jenna joined us (Sean's wife) and we headed out of Branson after meeting up with the Driven-1 crew and enjoying a chinese buffet.

Somehow all of the fortunes in the cookies ended with the saying that is censored on this webpage... Ask Ralph if you run into him - he will tell you all about it. It was very yummy.

We drove into Arkansas and saw a few interesting sights, including what looked like a concrete plant that had exploded. There was a tanker truck turned over on it's side and burned up, and the main "body" of the building was leaning over more than the tower in Italy. Debris was scattered all over and I really wasn't sure what happened.

The other thing we saw was a peppering of classic muscle cars on the interstate heading into town. As soon as we arrived in North Little Rock we pulled off into the KOA campground where we are staying the night and got checked in. The friendly staff at the KOA invited us to a pancake breakfast and also offered advice on a good place to have dinner out. We met up with Spencer and Cyndy Nordyke of Nordyke Ministries for dinner. http://nordykeministries.com/

They have joined us for this stop of the Power Tour to help us kick it off. Spencer has been a huge influence on my life growing up - as he was the minister at the youth summer camp that I went to growing up. He is one of the reasons I am where I am today. Thank you Spencer & Cyndy!

Well speaking of dinner - we went out to COCK of the WALK Restaurant located at 7103 Cock of the Walk Lane... and it was voted "Best Catfish in Central Arkansas for the past 16 years!" I have to say that the chicked was very good. What can I say - I wasn't too big on getting catfish. Heather was very friendly in serving us, and I hope she checks out the blog...




Tomorrow AM will be the thrash to set up the AVE/DRIVEN1 booth and get ready for the onslaught of people checking out what we have to offer. There will be many people that will get more than they came for - and in a good way! To all of you out there that don't know me and whoI run into - it's great to meet you, and for those of you who I don't get a chance to meet here on earth, my hope and prayer is that I meet you on the other side of eternity.

http://www.driven-1.com/areyouready.htm

Are you ready to live life more than a 1/4 mile at a time?

No comments: